Thursday, April 26, 2012

Would it be better to have a 128mb video card or 256 integrated?

I have a Dual Core 1.6ghz desktop with 4 gigs of ram in it, but I can't seem to really play any games. Even older ones. I'm guessing it's due to an integrated graphics card, but my question is this. My computer has 256 megs of integrated graphcis, but would it actually run faster if I installed an older geforce 128 I have in there (Just until I can get something better)?|||If 128MB video card is outdated and does not support Shader 2.0 or higher, it may be no better than your current integrated graphics. But if the video card is less than 5 years old and supports Shader 3.0, you should be able to play many games even just at low settings and low resolution.|||Yes, an Integrated graphics card draws from the CPU - adding a GPU will help support the CPU and allow you to run higher end software.

No comments:

Post a Comment