Thursday, April 26, 2012

What are the limitations with running Windows Vista with a 128MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8400M GS graphics card?

I'm asking this question because I'm planning to buy a Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop and the best video card available for it is the 128MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 8400M GS. However, Windows Vista best operates on a video card with at least 256MB of memory from what I understand.



I don't mind purchasing a better graphics card but then I'll have to upgrade to a 15.4" screen which I do not want. Thus, if the limitations of a 128MB video card won't be significant, then I want to stick with the Dell Inspiron 1420. All I will use it for is browsing, media, and the occasional photo editing utilities.|||Yeah Andreina is totally right about that.|||A least buy a 256MB because if you don't it won't operate as well as you wanted to work. My brother ask the same question In a computer store and that's exactly what they recommended him, and i wish you good luck with everything.|||It'll work fine. Don't go out and switch to 15.4-inch screen model just because you want a 256MB card.|||256. it will work on 128MB I had it work on 64 MB but it used to crash when I watch TV om my computer, so to be on the safe side 256.

No comments:

Post a Comment