Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can i use my old Nvidia GeForce MX440 128mb video card to my new 19" LCD display?

i'm planning to buy a new monitor.i'm thinking if my old video card can support the 1440x900 resolution of the 19" LCD display. pls help me. tnx|||Yes, however you might have to update your driver. The 128MB card has the ability to do it, so you need to make sure your driver can tell it how. Older Nvidia drivers did not support the widescreen resolutions very well (1440x900 is a widescreen resolution) but newer drivers work better. Also, if for some reason the card does not recognize the new display's resolution, you may have to tweak the driver a bit by unchecking the option that shows only the modes the monitor will support and find the resolution, bit depth, and refresh rate that work best.|||I don't think it will support the monitors native resolution. Why not upgrade the graphics card first?

No comments:

Post a Comment