Friday, April 27, 2012

Will I be okay with a 128MB video card in my new Dell laptop with Vista? I have 3GB of RAM...See more below?

I just got a new Dell laptop, the Inspiron 1520. I am wondering if 128MB video card will be enough- it is the 128MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8400M GS. I have 3GB of RAM, Intel® Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB/2MB cache) processor, and 160GB hard drive. Got a 15 inch widescreen. I'll be running Windows Vista Premium for basic tasks like lots of internet, word, excel, etc. No gaming at all. Sometimes some streaming video from the internet I like, but not a lot.



Is it going to be okay with 128MB or will a 256MB (to the 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT) be necessary? I know a pretty good amount about configuring a computer, but I never knew about video cards and the impact they could have on the computing experience.|||Graphic RAM will not affect your laptop operation, this is a good graphic card you are using. 128 Mb is good enough for your operation. 3Gb of RAM is also well enough, but if you are paying extra to get up to 3 Gb RAM, it is not necessary to do so. 2Gb will be good enough.|||Its a great video card! You will be fine with that. Hope this helps!|||I have Dell 1520 Core 2 Duo with 1.5 ghz 2 gig RAM and the intel video chip X3100 and i can do all those plus gaming like Counter Strike with ease and no problems at all.



Hope it helps|||Yes it will be fine. Its the RAM that is critical with Vista and you have plenty of that.



Nice System by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment