Friday, April 27, 2012

Does a video card come with the computer?

I want to buy the sims 3 and I have a dell windows xp 2006 desktop pc

and it says you need a 128mb video card .... is that already in my computer. The sims 2 worked on my computer.....|||Your pc came with on board video that utilizes system memory. If you have a lot of memory, it should run fine. Otherwise a 128 or 256 meg video card should be very cheap, (1 recently purchased a 1 gig video card for $120.00). you just need to determine what type of expansion slots you have available, (Dell can tell you, or take it to Best Buy). It is very easy to do on your own or have Best Buy install for you.|||In XP

Right Click My Computer on the desktop

select Properties

Click the Hardware Tab

Select "Device Manager"

Look for something that says graphics adapters

List the name/model number



In Vista

Right Click My Computer

Click Device Manager in upper left

find your graphics adapter



Repost here or email me!|||check if it is on-board video. the sims3 will need a dedicated card.



your 128 may be on-board. list your model number|||The video card is where you plug the monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment