Friday, May 4, 2012

Upgrade system ram or video card?

I have an Athlon 64 3200 processor, Radeon 9600 128mb video card, and 512 ram. I was wondering if it's worth upgrading my video card to a Gforce 7600gs 256mb card or would I need the ram to back it up?

I'm mostly using it for gaming and I was wondering if it would let me up the graphics on BF2, right now I have to run at pretty much the lowest settings and I would like to be able to up the resolution from 800x600.



Would the video card do this for me or do I need the ram to back it up, I'm asking because I'm getting a pretty good price on this card.|||Go for the additional RAM, You will get the biggest bang for the buck. The upgraded video card will help with some games but not all. Graphics's intensive games will want both.|||both ,but you will probally have to upgrade the power supply also ,as most video cards now take 300 watts of power just to run them|||First choice would be upgrading both, but i'd start with the videocard.

Then, if it doesn't help (enough), add the memory.

If that doesn't help either, you probably run unneeded or just too many backgroundservices.

Disable unneeded services:

http://www.beemerworld.com/tips/services…|||get 1 GB ram|||I would suggest you go ahead and upgrade to the Gforce, and I would recomend you upgrade the ram also, or you would lose a lot of ram just on the video card, and that video card should be able to a lot higher screen resolutions.|||i would go for RAM at the moment if your big on gaming 512 just is not going to do it for you. The ram will also make your computer do everything else a bit faster too. I went from 512 to 1.5gb and i could really tell a difference in speed on all the programs i ran ... later on though you will need to upgrade you video card some of the newest games require a bunch of video memory|||Get a GT. GS isnt as good. They are reasonable and newegg.com and you need another stick of 512 ram. Your rig will be smokin.|||You an get all reputed antivirus and antiSpyware

software....can purchase or for free... visit.....

http://computerhelp-downloads.blogspot.c…





"Computer Help"

For your questions about hardware, software, internet, general or for downloads

http://computerhelp-downloads.blogspot.c…

No comments:

Post a Comment