Friday, May 4, 2012

Can my computer support a 128MB+ video card with pixel shader 2.0?

This is a list of what I have and need to play the sims 3. Please let me know if my computer can support a graphics card with pixel shader version 2.0 I am really confused >_<



I got a windows xp home edition compuer, version 2002, service pack 3.



my system RAM is 478.4MB and I need:

(XP) 1 GB RAM; (Vista) 1.5 GB RAM [If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]



my video card is SiS 760 (Mirage) and a need:

128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 or above " ATI Radeon 9500 or above " Intel GMA 3-series or above)



my pizel shader is version 1.3 and i need:

version 2.0





Plz help me @_@|||Shader 2.0 cards are cards during the late 2002- 2003 period. Current cards support all the way up to SHADER 4.1. Better buy the newer cards. They can play a lot more games better.



Your PC's Sis760 chipset only supports AGP cards, so disregard PCI express cards.

Cheap option: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…

Awesome, the new HD 4670 AGP= http://www.techpowerup.com/95987/PowerCo…|||Is your system a laptop or a desktop? If it's a laptop, there is no way to upgrade the video card to a Pixel Shader 2.0, which is a requirement, so you would need to upgrade.



If you have a desktop the you can upgrade your RAM to meet the requirements and buy a new video card.



______________________________________…



There are indeed serveral types. What type your system needs depends on your hardware. Do you know the make and model of you PC? Really it comes down to what motherboard you have, in order to determine exactly what your system can handle. If I know the make and model I can find the motherboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment