Friday, May 4, 2012

How much would a 128MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 cost?

I need a 128MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0 for my new sims 3 game an i would like to know how much one will cost for a good one. It is for windows xp.|||Well most new computer onboard graphic does has 256MB video memory and already support pixel shader 2.0 , if your computer is old, you can spend a decent graphic just to play sim 3 for around $50 example 3650|||Yeah, I have a HP Pavilion a1034n. Do I need a chip thing too?

Report Abuse


|||Where could I buy this then for what that price? Could you please be specific?

Report Abuse


|||It's funny how no one is answering this girl's question. She's asking a specific question and everyone is going around it. Anyway hun, I don't know what kind of computer you have. For example I have a dell, and I have the Sims 3 too so I need one, so what I am going to do is go to www.dell.com and search for one. Also, try best buy, Walmart, stores like that. Call dell first and simply ask them "What are all the graphic cards that support Pixel Shader 2.0" and write down the cards he/she names, and look for the cheapest out of the bunch. Or just ask them, how much is the cheapest card that support Pixel Shader.|||I will give you a few online links to reputable sites.

www.newegg.com

www.tigerdirect.com

There are three main types of graphic card interfaces AGP, PCI-E 16, and PCI. You must find out which one your computer has before you can buy a card. The best way to find which one your computer has is to visit the manufacturers website and locate your computer specifications. BTW The sims 3 rocks I played most of last night :P|||You may actually have difficulty finding a card with only 128mb vram these days, most are 512mb and onwards. You can easily get a card below (or around) $100 that will suit your needs though.



Look for an Nvidia 8000 series or ATI 3800 series or higher card. It won't be hard.



Good luck :D|||I am assuming you have a desktop so here...



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130210



That card should do the trick. If you don't mind spending a little more cash I would honestly recommend this card. It has better cooling and doesn't suck up as much resources.



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130378

No comments:

Post a Comment